For more than a decade, Ausgrid has actively worked to address barriers facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders seeking employment in our industry. We are proud of creating opportunities to recruit and develop Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in diverse roles.
Reconciliation Action Plan
In 2012, Ausgrid launched its first Reconciliation Action Plan, which outlines our commitment to advancing reconciliation and improving opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the areas of relationships, cultural understanding and respect, and employment and training. We are in the process of refreshing our Reconciliation Action Plan and look forward to launching this in 2017.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network
Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees are part of a network that exists to:
- support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees;
- consider policy and programs at Ausgrid;
- communicate and share information in a safe and culturally appropriate environment;
- identify opportunities for group development and
- promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and community engagement.
The network holds quarterly Steering Committee meetings and is also responsible for contributing and driving the actions in our Reconciliation Action Plan.