2013 Apprenticeship intake
- Applications for our 2013 intake have now closed.
What potential employees need to know:
- Applications from appropriately qualified individuals from Australia and overseas are welcome.
- All shortlisted applicants will be subject to a National Police Check.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol screen.
- The qualifications of all shortlisted applicants will be verified and checked thoroughly.
- All applicants with overseas qualifications must provide a statement of the Australian equivalent with their application. For more information on obtaining Australian equivalence is contained in the following document.
- Applications will only be accepted by persons eligible to work in Australia.
The pre-selection test measures comprehension and mathematical knowledge (year 10 level) and skills. If necessary, you should brush up on your maths skills, as calculators aren’t allowed! Why not try out our sample maths test?
The tests take 2 hours, and start promptly, so you are advised to arrive 10 minutes early.
If you do well in the pre-selection test, we’ll invite you back for an interview. As well as being a chance for you to find out more, we’ll get to know you better, discuss your skills and ambitions and assess a number of things, including:
- Your communication skills
- Your ability to contribute to and be part of a team
- Your ability to work without close supervision
- School or work performance
- Knowledge of hand tools and mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of safe working practices
- Your level of interest in a chosen trade