Ausgrid gives four days’ notice that your power will be interrupted for planned work.
We suggest you take some basic precautions before and during the interruption:
- Unplug or switch off appliances at the wall as well as garage doors and alarms.
- If you're at home, leave a light on to tell you when power is back.
- Notify your security company of the interruption to make sure alarms operate correctly without power.
- Switch off water pumps and three phase motors associated with air conditioning plants and lifts.
- Avoid opening fridges or freezers. Frozen food can last for 24 hours if the freezer door is left closed. Food in fridges can last for about 10 hours.
- You do not need to switch off or adjust any solar installation before or during the interruption.
We aim to minimise disruption caused during planned works, however the times listed for a planned interruption may change in the event of unforeseen circumstances or weather.