Working around the electricity network can be hazardous and our crews always prepare to do their work safely. However, electricity can jump and sometimes there may be an “arc flash” – a rapid release of energy which uses the air as the conductor. These arcing electrical faults can cause serious injuries, so we’re introducing safer arc-rated clothing for all staff working on the Ausgrid network. This high-visibility, flame-retardant workwear gives our frontline crews much better protection from arc flashes when carrying out maintenance work or getting power back safely in a storm.

Arc-rated workwear

Our electrical workers are now better protected in new, safer clothing.

Read more

Arc flash

An arcing electrical fault can cause serious injuries, or death.

Watch the video

Safety for contractors

Arc flash personal protective equipment is being recommended across the industry.

Download PDF

Safety around the network

Tips for staying safe around electrical equipment in the community and your home.

Read more