If after reviewing our website material you have a question about any of the following topics, please fill in a preliminary enquiry form.
Preliminary enquiries can help you understand:
- type of connection service you need
- further information for establishing a new connection, modifying an existing connection or relocating existing Ausgrid electrical network assets
- understanding the time frame, site requirements, the type of work and associated costs in relation to new connections or modifying or relocating Ausgrid assets
- if you need to investigate the feasibility of your development and prepare a development application
- seeking to connect a generator greater than 5MW
- purchasing or selling electricity in the National Electricity Market.
Preliminary enquiries will generally be responded to within 10 business days.
There is a service fee payable in advance for a preliminary enquiry. Refer to Appendix A, B15 in our Connection Policy - Connection Charges.
Make a Preliminary Enquiry