We're improving how we collect and process connection applications. Ausgrid is currently developing a new online SmartForm to replace the existing NECF forms in early June 2019.
Our new online form represents a significant investment in improving customers connection experience with us. The new form has been designed to be easy to complete and streamlines the application process through SmartForm technology.
What you need to know:
- Ausgrid is introducing SmartForms for connection applications from 10 June 2019
Once SmartForms are introduced:
- Ausgrid will no longer forward connection offer fees onto retailers to pass onto customers
- Applications via mail, email or fax will not be accepted
- Ausgrid will recover connection offer fees upfront, at the time SmartForm application is submitted
- Simplifies the connection process for applicants
Check the user guides in advance
Get ready for the new SmartForms. Our user guides take you through the connection forms step by step.
What happens next
We have just completed the final testing phase of the SmartForms. Testing the forms allowed us to
understand the refinements needed to provide the best experience for our Connection Applicants. It also helped us to determine the implementation date to allow suitable lead time for you to prepare.
What are the changes?
- Ausgrid will recover Connection Offer fees upfront, at the time SmartForm application is submitted
- Ausgrid will no longer forward Basic Connection Offer fees onto retailers to pass onto customers
- Applications via mail, email of fax will no longer be accepted
Please note that in the interim customers will be able to continue to submit the NECF application forms (NECF01-07) the same way they always have
What are the benefits?
- Presented information is relevant to your service needs
- Documents can now be attached to an application
- Easy to use, understand and submit
- Quick and secure upfront payment process
- Save function allows you to commence a form and save for future submission, an email containing a link to this form is emailed to the connection applicant
- Share function – you can share the form with your customer to take the application to payment, if required
- PDF version of the form is emailed to the Connection Applicant on Submission
How SmartForms will improve your experience:
- Simplifies the connection process for applicants with ‘intuitive’ forms which are easy to complete
- Decreases data and processing errors
- Mandates information that is relevant to the processing of your Connection Application reducing phone calls and returned incomplete paperwork
- Reduces the time to complete forms
- SmartForms can be completed in the field where internet access is available
- Associated documents can be attached online within the form
- Provided a unique reference number for each submitted form, this number can be utilised for interactions with Ausgrid and to track your submission
When will we start using SmartForms?
From 10 June 2019 SmartForms will be live on the Ausgrid website.
Download a PDF version.
Need more information?
Check the FAQs
Have a question?
Check our FAQs or email us: email@example.com