Benefits for participating solar customers
- Earn more for your excess solar
- No cost to participate
- No lock-in contract
- No need to change your electricity retailer
- Contribute to greener electricity grid.
Community batteries can offer a simpler and more cost-effective alternative to installing your own battery:
- No battery purchase or installation costs
- No maintenance costs or risk of battery failure, and
- Doesn’t take up space on your property.
Community batteries don’t just save on electricity costs for local solar customers. They can help to keep electricity prices down for the wider community.
Community batteries can:
- Help make our energy supply clean and green by supporting and encouraging greater uptake of solar by households and businesses
- Increase storage capacity in the energy system, which can reduce peak demand and place downward pressure on energy prices
- Make access to energy storage more equitable, giving everyone the ability to save on their electricity costs
- Offer a better and cheaper alternative to traditional network investment.