Terms and Conditions of Entry
Ausgrid’s Digital Energy Futures Survey Competition 2020
2. The promoter of the competition is The Trustee for Blue Op Partner Trust & Others t/as Ausgrid ABN 78 508 211 731, 24-28 Campbell Street, Haymarket (Promoter).
3. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this Promotion, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
4. Entry is open to selected Ausgrid customers (chosen by Ausgrid based on demographic characteristics) who have received the Ausgrid email invitation to take part in the Digital Energy Futures research project.
5. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of the Promoter or of its Related Bodies Corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)), or of the Promoter’s agencies or companies associated with this Promotion, are ineligible to enter.
6. To protect the integrity of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to verify, at any time (including after the closing of the Promotion), the validity of all entries (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits invalid, incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries or tampers with the entry process or uses any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means to submit repeated entries or uses a third party (including without limitation any third party online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf.
How to enter
7. The Promotion commences on 27 February 2020 at 09:00 AM (AEDT) and closes on 23 March 2020 at 10:00 AM (AEDT) (Promotional Period).
8. To enter the Promotion, you must complete the Promoter’s “Ausgrid’s Digital Energy Futures Survey” (Survey) online at the link provided in the email invitation (Site) during the Promotional Period. All entrants who complete the Survey will be eligible for the prize draw.
9. Your entry must include your name, address, email, telephone number and any other information requested.
10. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with entrants.
11. All entries, once submitted, become the property of the Promoter.
Number of Entries permitted
12. Only one (1) entry is permitted per NSW residential address.
Draws and Prizes
13. All draws will take place at the premises of the Promoter, being Level 10, 24-28 Campbell Street, Haymarket NSW 2000. The winners will be the first ten (10) valid entries drawn on 25 March 2020 at 12:00 PM (AEDT).
14. The winners will be notified by email by 27 March 2020.
Prize on offer
15. The total prize pool value is $1,000.
16. There are ten (10) prizes to be given away with individual prizes valued at $100 each.
17. The first 10 valid entries drawn will each receive a prize of one (1) GiftPay Electronic Gift Card carrying a value of $100.
18. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) with a prize of equal value or specification, subject to any written directions given by the appropriate regulatory authority. All prize values are in Australian dollars.
19. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
20. Winners who cannot be reached within one (1) month at the email address, address, or telephone number provided on their entry will unfortunately be disqualified and their prize made eligible for redraw under clause 22.
21. If for any reason a winner does not take their prize (or an element of their prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, or chooses not to participate in the Promotion or claim their prize, then that prize (or element thereof) will be forfeited.
22. The draw for any unclaimed prizes will take place on 27 June 2020 at 11.00 AM (AEDT).
23. Prizes will be sent to the nominated email address of each of the winners as stated in their entry within 28 days of the date of the draw. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
24. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier's requirements. Each prize must be taken as provided and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as provided. The GiftPay Electronic Gift Card is subject to the terms and conditions of Unified Incentives Pty Ltd (ABN 53 157 818 427) (GiftPay) which are available online on the Giftpay portal (including a list of selected retailers where the gift card can be used) and must be used prior to the expiry date specified on the Giftpay portal. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the conduct of the third party gift card supplier or otherwise as a result of the winner accepting and/or using a prize (even if caused by negligence), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Further Terms and Conditions
25. This promotion is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Giftpay.
26. The Promoter highly recommends a current email address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. If an entrant’s contact details change at any time after the date which they enter the competition, that entrant must notify the Promoter of their correct contact details immediately.
27. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner using the contact information provided by entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner's deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to require winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide such proof (or any part thereof) acceptable to the Promoter, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
Personal Information and Privacy
31. You can contact the Promoter’s Privacy Officer if you would like details of the personal information that the Promoter may hold about you or if you would like it to be corrected or updated. The Promoter’s Privacy Officer’s contact details are:
24-28 Campbell Street, Haymarket NSW 2000
or via email at:
Tel: 13 13 65
Waiver and Limitation of Liability
32. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners agree to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners will not be entitled to any remuneration or compensation for such use.
33. Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
34. The Promoter (subject to applicable legislation and the approval of the appropriate regulatory authorities) reserves the right to amend, modify, suspend, terminate or cancel this Promotion if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for any amendment, modification, suspension, termination or cancellation.
35. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
36. Any cost associated with accessing the website and entering the Promotion is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
37. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia.
38. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as part of the Promotion. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner or arising in any way out of (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction; (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) use of a prize. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
39. The Promoter has obtained the following permits in regard to the Promotion: NSW Permit No. LTPS/20/42133