Am I eligible to register as a life support customer?
If you rely on any of the following equipment, you are an eligible life support customer:
- an oxygen concentrator
- an intermittent peritoneal dialysis machine
- a kidney dialysis machine
- a continuous positive airways pressure respirator
- Crigler-Najjar syndrome phototherapy equipment
- a ventilator for life support
- any other equipment that a registered medical practitioner certifies as required for life support.
If you have any questions about the equipment you or someone in your home uses and whether it is life support equipment, talk to your doctor.
How to register
- You, a family member or carer can register directly with Ausgrid by calling 13 13 65 (9.00am to 4.30pm).
- You can also contact your Electricity Retailer to see if you’re eligible for the NSW Life Support Energy Rebate. Registration for life support and/or the NSW Life Support Energy Rebate require completion of the Life Support Energy Rebate Form which is to be signed by your doctor.
- Your Electricity Retailer will support you with your application for the rebate and can also register you as a life support customer and pass this information to us.