Showcase your filmmaking skills for your chance to win $1000 for your school.
Congratulations to Tommy, Tuan, Kaden and Brent from Bellevue Hill Public School for winning our Electricity Safety Video Competition 2018 and thank you to all the students and schools for entering to help promote electricity safety in our community.
As part of Electricity Safety Week (ESW) 2018, we launched a video competition for schools.
Students and schools across Ausgrid’s network area were invited to showcase their filmmaking flair in a 30-second video highlighting important electricity safety messages to stay safe around electricity.
Entries were open to primary schools from Kindergarten to Year 6 located within Ausgrid’s network area and were judged on their creativity and the effectiveness of conveying one or more electricity safety messages:
1. If you see a dangerous situation, tell an adult
2. Keep water away from electrical appliances and power cords
3. Play in open spaces away from electricity poles, towers and powerlines
4. Stay away from electricity substations and power equipment
5. Never put a metal object in a toaster or power point
6. Know what to do in an electrical emergency
The winner will receive $1000 for their school Parents and Citizens Association.Terms and Conditions apply.