Showcase your filmmaking skills for your chance to win $1000 for your school.
As part of Electricity Safety Week (ESW) 2018, we are excited to open our video competition for schools.
Students and schools across Ausgrid’s network area are invited to showcase their filmmaking flair in a 30-second video highlighting important electricity safety messages to stay safe around electricity.
Entries are open to primary schools from Kindergarten to Year 6 located within Ausgrid’s network area and will be judged on their creativity and the effectiveness of conveying one or more electricity safety messages:
1. If you see a dangerous situation, tell an adult
2. Keep water away from electrical appliances and power cords
3. Play in open spaces away from electricity poles, towers and powerlines
4. Stay away from electricity substations and power equipment
5. Never put a metal object in a toaster or power point
6. Know what to do in an electrical emergency
Multiple entries from the same school are accepted as long as each entry is unique and submitted separately.
The winner will receive $1,000 for their school Parents and Citizens Association. Terms and Conditions apply.
Entries close 19 October, 2018. The winning school video will be announced on 29 October, 2018.