Ausgrid is a multicultural organisation and supports an inclusive culture
At Ausgrid, cultural diversity is one of our strengths and is at the heart of who we are. It makes Ausgrid a great place to work and we aim to celebrate all employees for their different cultural backgrounds, united by Ausgrid’s values.
Our MOSAIC (Multicultural Organisation Supporting An Inclusive Culture) community at Ausgrid is one of our 5 key diversity focus areas. Through our MOSAIC resource group and Inclusion and Diversity Council, we are focused on providing support to employees and drive the goals that will create further inclusion and diversity at Ausgrid.
The purpose of Ausgrid's MOSAIC is to:
- grow the cultural awareness of our employees
- work towards ensuring our workforce better reflects the cultural diversity of our community
- ensure employees from all cultural backgrounds feel included and welcome
Ausgrid celebrates a diverse range of cultural and religious celebrations each year, such as Harmony Day, Diwali and Eid along with various others. Our employees are encouraged to participate in events often run across our depots. Our employee resource group co-ordinate a number of activities and events throughout the year to increase cultural awareness and understanding of the benefits of having a diverse and inclusive culture.
Australia Diversity Facts
- Nearly half (49 per cent) of Australians were born overseas or have at least one parent who was
- More than 70 Indigenous languages are spoken in Australia
- We identify with over 300 ancestries
- Since 1945, more than 7.5 million people have migrated to Australia
- Apart from English, the most common languages spoken in Australia are Mandarin, Arabic, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Italian, Greek, Tagalog/Filipino, Hindi, Spanish and Punjabi.