We are advancing a culture that encourages lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning employees to #beyourself at work and in the community. Additionally, we encourage others to become an Ally to the LGBTQI+ community to advocate for equality everywhere.
Our LGBTQI+ and allies community is one of our diversity pillars as part of our Inclusion and Diversity Council.
The purpose of the LGBTQI+ pillar is to:
• Increase representation, inclusion, respect and support for LGBTQI+ employees and their allies, and;
• increase the knowledge, expand relationships and connect Ausgrid to the wider LGBTQI+ Allies community.
The Pride Employee Resource Group is for any member of the LGBTQI+ community, their friends, families and allies. The group provides support to employees and drives the goals that will create further inclusion and diversity at Ausgrid.
To provide an environment of increased representation, inclusion, respect and support for LGBTQI+ employees and their allies across Ausgrid while increasing knowledge, expanding relationships and connecting Ausgrid to the wider LGBTQI+ Allies community. Responsibilities include:
1. To provide support to the I&D Councils initiatives.
2. To champion and advocate awareness and acceptance of LGBTQI+ diversity and inclusion.
3. To provide oversight and guidance on issues relating to LGBTQI+ diversity and inclusion.
4. Put in place measures to enhance LGBTQI+ diversity in teams and promote equal opportunities and inclusiveness in recruitment, orientation, promotion, retention, and duty of care.
5. Foster the sharing of learnings and best practice LGBTQI+ diversity & inclusion research to determine suitability of similar initiatives within Ausgrid.
6. To investigate various opportunities and events to address specific issues relating to LGBTQI+ diversity.