Call our emergency line on 13 13 88 (24 hours) to report fallen powerlines.
Stay well away from fallen powerlines
Fallen powerlines can be deadly
and you need to keep well away from them. They can be damaged by fallen trees, lightning strikes, car accidents, vandalism, fires, birds or other animals and flying debris during high winds.
If you see fallen powerlines, for your own safety, you need to stay at least 8 metres or 2 car lengths away
and report them to us.
Call our emergency line on 13 13 88 if you see any of the following.
- fallen, broken or arcing wires
- damaged or fallen poles
- exposed underground cables
- damaged kiosks
In an emergency
In the event of electric shocks or injury
- Call an ambulance on 000
- Report the incident on 13 13 88
- People who are in contact with an electrical source are themselves conductors of electricity until the power is turned off. Do not attempt to touch or rescue a person until the power has been cut off and the situation has been made safe by a suitably qualified person
- Do not touch burns, break blisters or remove burned clothing
- Always seek medical advice after an electric shock
Report dangerous or damaged poles and wires
Reporting non-urgent pole issues
For a non-urgent inspection check of a power pole, faulty streetlight, or to request graffiti removal or tree trimming please make a service request.