Before you start - About your connection application
UPDATE | Effective from Thursday 25/02/21 a customer email address is mandatory on all Connection Applications.
We are currently experiencing intermittent issues with the payment functionality for Better Connected Webforms. We apologise for the inconvenience. An update will be provided here when the issue is resolved. Thank you for your patience.
- application forms are processed within 5 – 10 business days.
- applications that require technical assessment may take a little longer for approval, but contact will be made within 10 business days.
- Application forms require payment using a credit or debit card only (Visa and Mastercard) before being submitted to Ausgrid. Application forms can be saved and/or shared for up to 60 days, so you can check it is correctly completed and/or arrange for someone else to pay.
Browser Compatibility Issues
The Better Connected Forms do not support Microsoft Edge and older versions of Internet Explorer. Check which browsers are supported here.
Before you apply
In order to submit your application form the following information is required:
- street address for the premises
- connection Applicants details including Name, ABN, Email address, postal address and phone number
- customer details including Name, Email address and Phone number
- technical details of connection. We recommend you engage an electrical professional to assist you, or submit on your behalf, as the information required can be quite technical.
Check your submission
- Ausgrid does not have access to saved application forms prior to successful payment and submission. Please ensure your application is correct because once payment is completed it will be submitted to Ausgrid and processed, the application fees will be expended and not refundable.
- we recommend you engage an electrical professional to assist you, or submit on your behalf, as the information required can be quite technical.
- All embedded generation applications MUST include details about any existing embedded generation at the premise. Ausgrid will reject any applications where this information is not included, and no refunds will apply for incorrectly completed applications.