In an emergency
If you are in a life threatening situation call triple zero
In the event of an electric shock do not attempt to touch or rescue a person until the power has been cut off and the situation has been made safe by a suitably qualified person. People who are in contact with an electrical source are themselves conductors of electricity until the power is turned off.
Report electrical emergencies to the Ausgrid Emergency Line on
13 13 88
Stay at least 8 metres or 2 car lengths away from fallen poles and wires
Ausgrid is a NSW electricity distributor and our network covers Sydney, the Central Coast and the Hunter Valley.
Report fallen powerlines
If you see fallen powerlines, for your own safety, you need to stay at least 8 metres or 2 car lengths away and report them to us.
Emergency Line on 13 13 88 if you see any of the following:
- fallen or arcing powerlines
- dangerous leaning or fallen poles
- exposed underground cables
- damaged kiosks or pillars
Reporting power outages
In the event of a power outage check the power outage map for updates on power outages in Ausgrid's distribution area of Sydney, the Central Coast and the Hunter Valley.
- If we are aware of a power outage in your area, the estimated restoration time and cause (if known) will be displayed on the map along with an orange shaded area indicating the areas without power.
- If no outage displays for your property, click your property location and zoom in to report, or call us on 13 13 88.